Trying to get rid of back fat can be a problem for many people. While your diet plays an important role in weight loss, various exercises can help you get rid of unnecessary fat faster. To help you get better, here are some of the best exercises to get rid of back fat.
Best Exercises To Get Rid Of Back Fat
1. Bent Over Row
As you pull the dumbbells back, try to remember to keep your back flat, look down, and most importantly, really squeeze your back muscles. Think of an imaginary pencil between shoulder blades that you are squeezing to stay in place!
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and rotate your hips so that your upper body is tilted forward. Keep your back flat and straighten the dumbbells from your shoulders down.
- Do not wiggle, bring the dumbbells toward your body until it touches your sides. The elbows will be pointing straight behind you. Press shoulder blades together and open chest.
- With the control, drop the row back to the starting position. You want to keep the dumbbells as close to your thighs as possible instead of keeping them away from your body.
This is a great move to exercise your shoulder and back! Remember to control your movement – don’t swing!
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, keep a set of weights on either side, palms facing inward. Roll your shoulders back and lower and curl.
- Exhale and lift your arms: one arm forward and the other arm to the side, forming an “L” shape. Keep arms shoulder height.
- Lower down the hips and repeat on the other side.
3. Plank forearm side
The forearm side plank is a key multitasking exercise! It works at your core, strengthens your arms, wrists, and legs, and improves your balance.
- Start with forearm plank with elbows under shoulders.
- Squeeze your stomach tightly and open your right arm straight up in the air, turn to the side so that your upper leg rests on your lower leg.
- Lift the body across the waistline and hold.
- Go back to the middle and switch sides.
4. Standard Plank Pose
The standard plank helps in toning and strengthening the arms, shoulders, back, core, and hips, etc.
- To do the standard plank pose, get down on the floor on all fours i.e. knees and arms.
- Now slowly extend your left leg backward, followed by your right leg.
- After that, lift your body on your arms and toes to form a straight line with your head, back, butt, and legs.
- Hold this position for 30-60 seconds and lower your body slowly.
- Repeat these steps 2-3 times daily.
5. Pushup Row
Pushing is a very effective exercise to tone, strengthen and build your entire upper body. Row pushing exercises target the chest, shoulders, lower back, upper back, biceps, arm muscles, and triceps. Furthermore, it also helps to improve posture and overall stability of the body.
- To do the push-ups, you’ll need two equal-sized dumbbells. Now place the dumbbells under your shoulders and hold them with both hands.
- Then, do a push-up and hold the bottom position for 1-2 seconds.
- After returning to the starting position, bend your right elbow to lift a dumbbell towards your ribs by flexing.
- Then, do the same steps and switch arms, and repeat these steps 20-30 times per set.
6. Mountain Climbers
Mountain Climbers is another incredible full-body exercise that helps to tone & strengthen your entire body. This exercise targets the biceps, back, shoulders, triceps, abs, hips, quadriceps, hamstring muscles, and buttocks. Apart from weight loss, mountain climbers also help in improving body posture, stability, and coordination.
- To do mountain climbers, you need to get down on the floor in the standard plank position. This means that your body should be completely straight & balanced on your arms and toes.
- After that, you need to pull your right knee up towards your chest and then return it to the initial position.
- Then, you need to do the same steps with your left leg, just like you’re running up a vertical hill.
- Repeat these steps 15-20 times with each leg per set.
7. Back Extension
This is one of the best exercises to get rid of back fat you should do.
- Lie on your front and bring your hands to your temples, with your elbows out to the sides.
- Engaging your glutes and core, lift your shoulders and chest off the floor, squeezing your shoulder blades together. (And lifting your legs for a more intense workout.)
- Lower back down slowly to the starting position.